HOW MY PAST LIFE DRIVES ME TO CHASE MY DREAM NOW

 



HOW MY PAST LIFE DRIVES ME TO 

CHASE MY DREAM NOW 


Hi everyone! My name is Chin Yi Yu but I prefer everyone calling me Ashley.  I'm  turning 19 this year and I'm new at IMU. The reason why I consider studying at IMU ( International Medical University) it's because I'm chasing my dreams in this university. I believe that if I further my studies in this university, it will bring me one step closer to my dreams and I'm prepared to face any difficulties when I'm pursuing my dreams. I believe everyone might be curious about what is my dream? Well my dream is to become a nurse not just a certified nurse but to become an OR nurse. Well let's jump straight to my past life event that encourages me to become an OR nurse. 


Well when I was young I always thought that nurses are the nicest people in the world. To this very day, my beliefs never change for a single bit. My memories were blurry but that scene will always be in my mind rent-free. When I was young, I was really sick and my mum had to sent me to the hospital. I was crying and kind of making a huge scene in the hospital. Well,  I was young I didn't think it through as I recall back, it was kind of embarrassing. But whenever I feel embarrassed about it that smile of the nurse kept appear in my mind.  It's like the nicest smile I've ever seen. She approached to me, she gave me a bright smile which I will never forget and comforted me with a few words. Just a small action of her had inspired me to be strong person, be kind and always helping out each other. After the experience I had I'm firm about becoming a nurse in the future.  


WHY AS AN OR (OPERATING ROOM)  NURSE?

As we all know, nurses can pursue their studies to become a registered nurse,  Advanced practice registered nurse and Non clinical Specialties. For me I always wanted to be in the OR room helping the surgeons and being outside of the OR helping the patients and OR nurses is the key to fulfill my dreams. There are 3 different OR nurse roles, the Circulator nurse, Scrub nurse and RNFA. 

  • Circulator nurses: They are responsible for providing  safe environment and nursing care in he operating room. Their job is to dispenses sterile instruments and monitor the operating room during surgery. 
  •  Scrub Nurses: They work in the surgery room and handles the sterile instruments, sponges and any other items during the procedure. These nurses must know which instrument are needed and ensure the surgeon has the right items for the procedure.
  • RNFA: The registered nurse first assistant has an additional training to directly assist with surgical procedures. They are required to help surgeons with various task and may assist in suturing at the close of the surgery.
 I will attach a Youtube video below regarding to the OR nurse's life in Australia. She will be explaining her life as an OR nurse. After  watching her video I understand more about being a good scrub nurse and being more firm about choosing my career path as a nurse. 

As I was saying, I chose this path of career it's because it's challenging and I'm able to help out the patient by taking care of them after surgery and so on. I will continue to pursue my dreams by becoming an OR nurse and contribute to this wonderful world by helping each other and provide a splendid day for them. 

YOUTUBE LINK: 


Comments